Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing

This dressing makes the best Caesar Salad ever!  It is SO good, and easy to whip up, too.  The original recipe called for anchovy paste, but I can't get that here, and the thought of dealing with real little anchovies right now was enough to make me want to yak, so I looked online for a substitute to the little guys.  I found a few websites saying that capers were a good sub, so I went with that and the results were awesome!  So, this dressing is anchovy-free and also free of raw eggs.  Perfect!  Thanks, Eating, Etc. for posting this recipe in the first place.  Everyone loved it so much at dinner last night that it was gone too quickly.  I made myself a huge Caesar salad for lunch today and enjoyed every bite.  :)

Creamy Caesar Salad Dressing
adapted from Eating, Etc.

1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1-1/2 teaspoons capers, drained
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup good mayonnaise
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil

1) Place all ingredients in blender and whir until well-blended and creamy (I used my immersion blender).

2) Toss a few heaping teaspoons in chopped romaine lettuce & toss; garnish with caesar croutons & shredded parmesan and serve immediately.

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

1 comment:

LadyJayPee said...

Yummies! Can't wait to try it with capers!