Lemon bars are one of my fave treats, so when I was looking for something fast (and summery) to bring to a friend's house the other day, this recipe sprang to mind. It's very similar to a recipe I've posted before, but it has a few differences, so I thought I'd give it a try. These were very good- the crust is tender, tasty and perfect, and the lemon filling has just the right taste and texture, even though I had my oven on the "convection" setting at first and almost burned the top. :( They're not supposed to be that brown! Lol. The taste was still wonderful, despite my mess-up.
Note: The recipe calls for unsalted butter. I only had salted on hand, so I used that, and they were still great. I also used 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour in the crust.
from Eating, Etc.
Makes 24 bars
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2 cups sugar
6 Tablespoons lemon juice
4 Tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1) In medium, bowl, mix together the flour, butter, & powdered sugar.
2) Spread in 9x13x2 greased baking pan.
3) Bake at 350F for 15-25 minutes.
4) While crust is baking, work on the filling to be immediately poured over hot crust.
1) In large bowl, mix all filling ingredients together with spoon (do not beat with mixer).
2) Pour filling over hot crust.
3) Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes.
4) While still hot, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
5) Let cool for 15 minutes and cut into squares.
6) Store uncovered or cover lightly with wax paper.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **