Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Traditional Chex Mix

Chex Mix is always good and easy.  I made some the other day for my daughter's class, and didn't have bagel chips.  I also couldn't include nuts because of allergies, so I just used Goldfish and CheezIt crackers.  Oh, I didn't have any pretzels either.  Yeah.  And I used just Rice Chex.  But it was still good!  Make this in the oven- it's better that way!  Although I've never tried it in the microwave. 

Traditional Chex Mix

3 cups Corn Chex® cereal
3 cups Rice Chex® cereal
3 cups Wheat Chex® cereal (or just use 9 cups of one of these)
1 cup mixed nuts (optional)
1 cup bite-size pretzels (Or CheezIts!)
1 cup garlic-flavor bite-size bagel chips or regular-size bagel chips, broken into 1-inch pieces (or Goldfish crackers!)
6 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Oven Directions Heat oven to 250°F.  In large bowl, mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and bagel chips; set aside. In ungreased large roasting pan, melt butter in oven.  Stir in seasonings.  Gradually stir in cereal mixture until evenly coated.  Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.  Cool.  Store in airtight container.

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: