Sunday, July 3, 2011

Berries & Yogurt

This really isn't a "recipe", and it's not a novel idea, but it's one of my fave things to do with fresh berries, and since the 4th of July is coming up, I thought I'd put it on here.  Plus, I love pics of fresh berries.  :)  This is just fresh berries with a bit of vanilla bean yogurt spooned over the top.  I love showcasing fresh berries this way and my whole family LOVES it too.  There are actually a few nectarine slices under all those berries, so you can add those or peaches, too, or, just do fresh berries like this.  Make sure to use a high-quality, flavorful creamy yogurt.  I used a German brand with vanilla bean specks.... German yogurt is the BEST!  :)  In the States, a good Greek yogurt or a natural whole-milk vanilla yogurt would be good (Stonyfield Farms, etc). 

Have a healthy, seasonal treat this Fourth of July!

Berries & Yogurt
by What a Dish!

fresh strawberries
fresh blueberries
fresh raspberries
good-quality vanilla bean yogurt (hopefully whole-milk... just go for it)

1.  In a nice, small dish or ramekin, layer the berries in order desired.  I lay strawberries first because they are bigger and sturdier.  Dollop with as much vanilla yogurt as desired.  You can sprinkle with finely chopped nuts or cinnamon, if desired, or just eat as-is. 

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/**

No comments: