Sunday, October 9, 2011

Ricotta Latkes (Ricotta Pancakes)

Strawberry Sauce
I know I just posted a Ricotta Pancake recipe, but the other day, I had some more ricotta to use up and came across this recipe from Eating Etc's blog that I had wanted to make a few years ago and never got around to.  The original recipe calls for cottage cheese, but I subbed ricotta very successfully.  I also used applesauce for half of the butter.  These were so delish and eggy, but not too eggy.  The whole family liked them.  We enjoyed them with my Strawberry-Nectarine Freezer Jam
PS:  New pic above, March 2014, with homemade strawberry sauce.  
Ricotta Latkes
adapted from Eating, Etc.

6 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup all-purpose flour (can sub 1/4 almond flour/meal)
1/4 cup salted butter, melted
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 1/2 cup ricotta or small-curd cottage cheese

1.  In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and flour.  Add melted butter and applesauce.  Fold in ricotta or cottage cheese.

2.  Lightly coat griddle with oil and heat to medium-high.  Ladle 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle, and cook for 2-3 minutes per side until golden brown.  Serve with jam or favorite toppings.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/**/

No comments: