Saturday, July 14, 2012

Smoked Salmon Primavera with Squid Ink Pasta

Using this pasta was interesting.  Actually, just the looks of it really grossed me out.  It reminded me of black shiny millipedes we have here.  But my husband loved it!  Actually, he picked it out at the store once when we were shopping together.  I never would have bought this on my own, lol!  I made this for Father's Day for my husband since he was so excited about the black pasta AND he loves smoked salmon.  This recipe is just from the back of the smoked salmon box.  It was good and easy.

Unfortunately, Father's Day this past month was not so good to us.  Our van was broken down.  We had my husband's old car and another little car we were borrowing.  On the way to church, my husband's car broke down.  I had to drop some kids off with friends at church and go pick him up.  On the way home, someone else offered us their van that they didn't currently need.  Unbeknown to us, the van was having problems, and died when my husband was driving it home!!  (I was already at home; having taken the other car).  It didn't break down far from our house, but still... after all of that, my husband had to walk home.... on Father's Day! 

But at least he could enjoy this pasta when he finally did get home that day. 

By the way, the pasta smelled "seafood-ish" when I opened up the package, but after cooking, tasted just like regular, white pasta.  I think I'll save the rest to use at Halloween or something!
Smoked Salmon Primavera with Squid Ink Pasta
adapted from Portlock Wild Smoked Salmon

1 lb (or less) of Squid Ink pasta, or pasta of choice
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 lb fresh snow peas
1 roasted red sweet pepper, but into strips (or equivalent from jar)
8 oz. smoked salmon
1 cup light cream
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons parsley

1.  Cook pasta according to package directions.

2.  Meanwhile, heat olive oil, add garlic, snow peas, sweet pepper, and cook for one minute.  Add the cream and bring to a simmer.  Add pasta to cream sauce and gently combine with salmon, cheese, and parsley.  Serve warm.

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: