Monday, December 23, 2013

Chocolate-Orange Fudge

orfu5W
This is a re-post of this fudge recipe from before, but I've taken better pics and added some fresh orange zest, so I'm gonna post it again.  :)  I had tried making it orange-flavored before, and while it was good, it needed a little something more, so this time around, I added the fresh zest of one navel orange to the mixture. I really liked what this addition did to the flavor, and I think I will do this from now on.  I LOVE orange and chocolate flavors together!
orfuW
Chocolate-Orange Fudge
adapted from this recipe

1/2 cup salted butter
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon orange extract
2 cups white sugar
1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
10 large marshmallows
1 cup chopped walnuts
zest of one large orange

1. Butter an 8x8 inch dish. (I line a dish with foil and grease the foil- then you can lift out the fudge all in one piece, for easier cutting).

2. Place butter, chocolate chips and orange extract in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.

3. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, milk and marshmallows. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and cook 6 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.

4. Pour marshmallow mixture over contents of mixing bowl. Beat entire mixture until it thickens and loses its gloss. Quickly fold in nuts and orange zest, and pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate several hours until firm.
orfu3W
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: