Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Cookies & Cream Cookies


I found these pics in my archives from months ago- I only found them because I was trying to put together the yearly family calendar for next year.  I think I made these over six months ago.  Good thing I found them, too, because I've been busy lately and not making many new recipes, and finding a hard time to edit pics when I do.

This is a Joy the Baker recipe and you can't really go wrong there.  It's also a good use for a half-box of leftover cream cheese.  I only had the golden/chocolate Oreos when I made these and they worked well.  I'm sure you could use any Oreo. (*I probably used salted butter for this and just reduced the salt a little.  Also, this dough must be in the fridge at least an hour before baking.)
Cookies & Cream Cookies
adapted from Joy the Baker

4 oz. (half a block) cream cheese, well softened
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup instant milk powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups coarsely chopped Oreo cookies (about 18-20 cookies)
1 cup milk chocolate chips

1.  In the bowl of stand mixer, beat together the cream cheese and butter until light and creamy, about a minute. Make sure that both the cream cheese and butter are very well softened to avoid any lumps. Add the brown sugar and egg and beat on medium-low speed for 3 minutes until pale and fluffy. Beat in vanilla.

2.  In a medium bowl whisk together flour, milk powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until well combined.  Add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Fold in the chopped Oreos and milk chocolate chips.

3.  Wrap the dough in plastic wrap (or cover the bowl in plastic wrap) and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight.  Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

4.  Spoon out dough balls, a heaping 2 tablespoons of dough for each cookie. Place on the prepared baking sheets, providing at least 1 1/2 inches between each cookies. Bake the cookies for 8-11 minutes, until edges begin to brown but the middle is still a bit gooey. Cool before serving to allow them to hold their shape.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: