Friday, March 24, 2017

Blue Cheese Dressing


I've made Blue Cheese Dressing before, but not for a long time.  I love it so much.  I think I'm the only one in my family, so I usually only get it when I'm at a salad bar in the States.  Lol.  I finally just made it at home so I could enjoy it now.  It's so good!  You can use plain Greek yogurt or sour cream. I didn't use Gorgonzola for this; it's very soft here; but I want to try it in the future.

Blue Cheese Dressing
adapted from The Kitchn

1 1/3 cups crumbled blue cheese (about 6 ounces), divided
1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons milk or buttermilk
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1.  Mash 1/2 of the blue cheese with the back of a fork in a medium bowl until mostly smooth. Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, milk or buttermilk, lemon juice, mustard, salt, and black pepper, and mix thoroughly until completely combined.

2.  Add the remaining cheese and mix gently, leaving clumps of cheese here and there. Cover and refrigerate.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com**

No comments: