Monday, March 26, 2018

Black Bean, Corn & Avocado Salsa

I love this salsa.  I've been making something similar for years.  It's actually almost exactly the same, but I'm posting this anyway, because there are a few differences.  This is so good.  Such a fresh flavor. Add extra avocado if you want.  You can also use more black beans.  I just used one can.
Black Bean, Corn & Avocado Salsa
adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction

1 and 1/2 cups fresh, canned, or frozen (and thawed) corn kernels
1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 small red or sweet white onion, diced
1 cup diced tomato
1 avocado, chopped
1/2 cup chopped cilantro- I use 1/2 or even a full bunch, sometimes
2 Tablespoons olive oil
juice of 1 lime
1 clove garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
pinch ground pepper
pinch cayenne pepper
optional: 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (I used pickled jalapenos, chopped)

1.  Add everything to a large bowl. Stir. Taste and add more salt/pepper/cayenne as needed. Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour or up to 1 day before enjoying.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/**

No comments: