Monday, September 3, 2018

5-Minute Hot Fudge Sauce

We love hot fudge sauce around here.  I have my fave go-to recipe, but when I went to make it recently, I found I was out of evaporated milk.  I'd had this recipe from Mel's Kitchen Cafe bookmarked for a while, so decided to try it, instead.  She also has peanut butter and butterscotch variations- I'm excited to try those sometime!!  Click on the recipe link to see the other versions.  I need to try them soon.  ;)


5-Minute Hot Fudge Sauce
adapted from Mel's Kitchen Cafe

8 ounces (about 1 1/3 cups) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup heavy cream
4 tablespoons (2 ounces) butter
1/4 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar (optional)
2 tablespoons natural unsweetened or Dutch-process cocoa powder (sift before using if it is lumpy)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

1.  In a medium saucepan, stir together the chopped chocolate (or chocolate chips), heavy cream, butter, corn syrup, brown sugar (if using), and cocoa powder. Heat the mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth, 3-5 minutes. Don’t let the mixture overheat or scorch! Add additional milk or heavy cream, if needed, for a thinner consistency.
Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: