Friday, June 14, 2019

Pistachio No-Bake Cookies


I loved these cookies.  I had the idea after making a Biscoff version of no-bake cookies.  I think you can replace the peanut butter in no-bakes with any spread and it would work.  I've already done Nutella and Biscoff, but I want to try white Nutella next.  Here in Italy you can buy jars of pistachio paste and it's so good.  It's like Nutella but made with pistachios and is beautiful and green.  It's sold next to the Nutella. I meant to include a pic of the jar; might add that later.  :)  I added a few drops of almond extract to these, but you can leave it out and let the pistachio flavor shine through.
Pistachio No-Bake Cookies
adapted from here

1 3/4 cups white sugar
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup pistachio paste
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
a few drops of almond extract, optional

1. Have pistachio paste, oats, and vanilla ready to go (measure out pistachio paste and oats). In a medium, heavy saucepan, combine sugar, milk, and butter. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 1/2 minutes (can cook for 1 minute + 45 seconds to make sure they set up). Remove from heat, and immediately stir in pistachio paste, oats, vanilla and optional almond extract. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper. (I like using a cookie scoop.)  Let cool until hardened.

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/**

No comments: