Saturday, June 20, 2020

Homemade Ice Cream- No Churn (No Machine)


Lately, I've been making lots of ice cream recipes without using an actual ice cream maker. I first posted about this method back in 2013 and posted some flavors one could make. This method is super easy. As long as you can make whipped cream, you can make this recipe. The formula is just 2 cups of whipping cream and one can of sweetened condensed milk, along with whatever add-ins you want to create different flavors of ice cream. I whip the cream in my stand mixer, fold in the sweetened condensed milk, and then add the extras. Stick it right in the freezer- no need to churn this in a machine. 

The first flavor I'll share is the chocolate, marshmallow and pretzel. You could add nuts instead of pretzels to make Rocky Road. This one was my favorite. I just added 1/3 cup sifted cocoa powder when I was whipping the cream. It turned out perfectly. The other flavor I'll share is Mint Oreo- pretty self-explanatory.
Chocolate, Marshmallow & Pretzel No-Churn Ice Cream
By What A Dish!

2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (NOT evap. milk)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
pinch salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup crushed pretzel pieces

1. Whip the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks. I used my stand mixer and it's very quick and easy. Add the cocoa powder.  With mixer on low, slowly add the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and pinch salt. Fold in the marshmallows & pretzels with a rubber spatula. Transfer to a large freezer-safe container and freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight before serving.
Mint Oreo No-Churn Ice Cream
By What A Dish!

2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (NOT evap. milk)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon mint or peppermint extract
pinch salt
15-20 Mint Oreo cookies, coarsely chopped (I used the Mint Oreo Thins and they were great)

1. Whip the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks. I used my stand mixer and it's very quick and easy. With mixer on low, slowly add the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt. Fold in the chopped Oreos gently with a rubber spatula. Transfer to a large freezer-safe container and freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight before serving.
 **This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: