Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oreo Brownies

I mentioned that the other day, I made some Oreo Brownies for our neighbors. A cooking friend found the recipe from Eat Me, Delicious Blog. The brownies looked beautiful, and I had all the ingredients on hand, so I went for it. These brownies are super, super rich. A small piece is really all you need. They were almost too rich for me. Made mostly of chocolate, butter, and Oreos, that's not suprising! They were really fun to make, and they are impressive-looking, with all of those large oreo chunks peeking through. Make sure you cut your oreos into big pieces- I cut most of them into thirds and some into fourths. These brownies really are easier to cut cold- but I liked to eat them at room temp. You really need some milk with these!

Oreo Brownies
from Eat Me, Delicious

2 sticks (1 cup) butter
1/2 pound semisweet chocolate chips
3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
3 eggs
1 tablespoons vanilla
1 cup + 2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp flour
1/2 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups chopped Oreo cookies (25 cookies)

Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 350°F. Butter and flour a 9"x13" baking pan.

In a heatproof medium bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, heat butter, chocolate chips and unsweetened chocolate until melted and smooth. Allow to cool slightly.

In a large bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla and sugar. Blend chocolate mixture into egg mixture; cool to room temperature.

In a medium bowl, sift together 1/2 cup flour, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to chocolate mixture. In a small bowl, stir Oreos and remaining 2 tablespoons flour. Add Oreo mixture to chocolate mixture. Pour batter into baking pan and smooth top with a rubber spatula.

Bake 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 3 inches from center comes out clean; do not overbake. Allow to cool. Refrigerate, tightly wrapped, until cold; cut into squares.



**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

6 comments:

Linda said...

I wonder if these will be super rich to me...I'll let you know how many I can eat in one sitting. ;)

Great photos!

Shelby said...

They look yummy to me! I can handle super rich....as long as I have a glass of milk or water to wash it down.

Carrie said...

These look great! I'm going to have to make a version of these someday.

Sara said...

I've heard so much about these brownies, can't wait to make them!

Linda said...

OMG...give me a glass of milk!

Host said...

aww .. *-*