Sunday, August 8, 2010

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork

Here is a super easy dinner idea- Pulled Pork.  This tastes just like the pulled pork from a good barbecue joint, but so easy and cheap to make at home.  This will only taste as good as the barbecue sauce you use, so use one you love.  There really isn't a storebought one that I love, but this was still good.  I want to try this recipe again using chicken breasts, and making my own barbecue sauce to improve on the flavor even more.  You can serve this on crusty rolls, toasted hamburger buns, or toasted garlic bread (which is what I did).  This would be good served over rice as well.  :)

Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
adapted from Allrecipes

1 (2 pound) pork roast
1 (12 oz.) can or bottle root beer
1 bottle (about 18 oz.) of your fave barbecue sauce

1.  Place the pork in a slow cooker; pour the root beer over the meat.  Cover and cook on low until the meat shreds easily, about 6 -8 hours, depending on your slow cooker.

2.  Drain well, and shred meat with two forks.  Stir barbecue sauce into shredded meat.  Serve over rolls, toasted hamburger buns, garlic bread, or rice. 

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

1 comment:

Tina said...

I love your blog. And I have to try this, I've done BBQ but not the Root beer. I know apple juice works really well with pork also, but I never have any. I'm going to have to try some of these.