Thursday, November 24, 2011

Almond Blondies

These were so good.  I overbaked them a bit, but they were still good.  They would have been a little chewier if I had baked them less (I love chewy).  We had them with some friends, as the base of ice cream sundaes (I made brownies, too) with homemade caramel and hot fudge on top. 
I used the rest of my homemade almond paste mentioned here.  I did not have as much as I needed, but these turned out just fine.  I added a little almond extract in here to get some extra almond flavor. 

Happy Thansgiving tomorrow!!  I've already made mini Key Lime Pies (for the kids), Maple Pecan Pie, and Cranberry Sauce.  Tomorrow I'll do everything else- turkey and gravy, taters, stuffing, finish baking my par-baked rolls, and I'm going to try a new (slow cooker) creamed corn recipe.  (Love having three slow cookers!)  And.... throw in some fresh steamed green beans so we don't all die from carb and fat overload. 
Almond Blondies
adapted from Odense

1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
5-7 oz Almond Paste
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup chopped almonds, optional
1 stick (1/2 cup, or 4 oz) butter
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract

1.  Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.

2.  Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl.

3.  Grate the Almond Paste (using the large hole side of the box grater) into the flour. Add the chocolate chips and almonds.  Mix well until all the ingredients are coated with flour.

4.  Melt the butter and while still hot, beat into sugar using an electric mixer. Beat on high until sugar is dissolved and mixture is smooth, not granular.  Add egg, vanilla, and almond extract. Beat until well mixed.

5.  Stir in the flour mixture just until incorporated.  Spoon into prepared pan and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until slightly golden and toothpick comes out clean.


**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: