Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Spinach-Pear Babyfood

We've been getting spinach from the Organic farm again, lately, and I wanted my baby to be able to partake of the spinachy goodness.  I wanted it to be a little bit sweetened for him, so I went with a spinach-pear combination.  The fresh pear made it sweet and juicy.  (Yes, I tasted it- it was good!!  It was like the baby version of a green smoothie).  I didn't bother steaming the pear; just chopped it up and used my immersion blender to puree that and the spinach together.  My baby loved it!!  He ate a big serving and we froze the rest in my silicone heart ice cube tray.

Spinach-Pear Baby Food
by What a Dish!

1 fresh pear (leave peel on for added fiber + nutrients)
2 small or one big handful baby spinach

1.  Rinse the pear and spinach.  Chop the pear into semi-large chunks.  Blend the pear and spinach together until smooth enough for your liking (can leave chunkier for older babies).  Serve right away or freeze for later.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: