We really loved this fishie dish that I got from Eating, Etc's blog. My 3-year old's first comment upon tasting it was "Mmmm, yummy!!!" My package of fish only contained 4 small fillets, and everyone was wishing for more. I will have to try to get some cod so I can make this the way the original recipe suggests! It is good with sole, but sole is so thin and small that I only had to bake about 15 minute until it was done. Eating, Etc's recipe calls for light mayo, but I only had full-fat on hand, so I used that. It was so good!
Sole with Sliced Almonds
adapted from Eating, Etc.
1T butter, melted
1 small onion, thinly sliced
4-6oz sole or cod filets
1/4tsp dill weed
1/4tsp ground black pepper
Lawry’s seasoned salt, to taste
1/4 cup parmigiano cheese, grated
1/4 cup Hellman’s Lite Mayonnaise
1T fresh parsley, finely chopped
1T fresh lemon juice
2T sliced almonds, toasted
1) Preheat oven to 400. While oven is heating, melt butter in baking dish (large enough to hold fish in a single layer). Tilt to cover bottom with butter.
2) Place onion slices on top of butter.
3) Arrange fish over onion.
4) Sprinkle with dill, pepper, and desired amount of seasoning salt.
5) In a small bowl, combine parmigiano, mayonnaise, parsley, & lemon juice. Spread over fish.
6) Bake for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily.
7) Sprinkle with toasted almonds.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com**