Wednesday, March 10, 2010

White Chocolate Pistachio Cookies

I've been wanting to make a White Chocolate Pistachio Cookie for a few years, ever since I saw this flavor in a bakery in Leavenworth, WA.  I just finally got around to it last week.  :)  This was an experiment, and I'm not sure if I added enough flour, because these spread terribly.  The picture above was taken with the best-looking cookies.  Those cookies were baked on a light-colored, aluminum pizza pan (I have to get creative when it comes to fitting baking sheets into my tiny oven).  I baked the rest of the dough on dark-colored sheets, the those cookies were the ones that spread awfully.  Either way, they tasted good.  I think I used too much salt, since my pistachios were already salted, so I'll cut the salt back in my recipe. 

I used Trader Joe's salted, shelled pistachios, and a 4-oz. bar of Ghiradeli white chocolate, chopped..

White Chocolate Pistachio Cookies
by What a Dish!

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup real white chocolate chunks, or 4 oz.
2/3 cup whole, salted, shelled pistachios

Preheat the oven to 350. Stir together flour, baking soda and salt. Beat butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add the dry ingredients. Fold in the white chocolate and nuts. Drop the dough by rounded tablespoons (use a cookie scoop), 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Makes approximately 30 cookies.


**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com**

No comments: