Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Shrimp and Tomato Pasta

A few months ago, I spotted this delish-looking pasta dish over at Jenni-isms.  I decided I definitely wanted to make it, and then Eating, Etc. made it and that just made my decision stronger!  I made this for dinner last night, and followed Eating, Etc's adaptation to add some shredded parmesan to the dish.  This was good, and the whole fam liked eating it for dinner!  One of my kids was picky about the shrimp, but no problem, he just left more for the rest of us! 

Like Eating, Etc, I used cooked frozen shrimp.  I could only find a 12. oz bag, and a 24 oz. bag, so I went with the 12 oz.  Instead of the wine, I used chicken broth... I just don't keep wine on hand.  I ommitted the red pepper flakes for my kids' sensitive palates (ok, and my wimpy one). 

Shrimp and Tomato Pasta
adapted from Jenni-isms

8oz mulitgrain thin spaghetti (I used Barilla Plus)
12-16 oz. shrimp, peeled & deveined (I used cooked frozen shrimp)
1tsp oregano
sea salt, to taste (optional)
1T olive oil
1tsp unsalted butter
3 fresh garlic cloves, minced
14oz can diced tomatoes, drained
1/4c dry white wine (or chicken broth)
sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/2c half-&-half
1T fresh lemon juice
1/4c shredded parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish

1) In large pot, cook pasta to al dente; drain & set aside.

2) While pasta is cooking, season shrimp with oregano & salt (if using).

3) In a large skillet, over medium flame, heat olive oil & butter and sauté garlic & shrimp for 2 minutes.

4) Add tomatoes, wine (or broth), salt, & pepper, and cook an additional minute.

5) Add half-&-half and cook for 1 more minute.

6) Remove from heat & stir in lemon juice & parmesan.

7) In a large serving bowl, toss sauce into pasta & serve hot.

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com**

No comments: