Monday, September 13, 2010

Dilled Cucumber Salad

This is a good way to use up some garden-fresh summer cucumbers.  The sour cream/dill dressing is very refreshing.  It reminds me of veggie salads I had while in Germany.  You could use plain yogurt instead of sour cream.  My cucumbers were very large- I should have cut the slices in half, to make them easier to eat.  I will next time. 

Dilled Cucumber Salad
Serves 6

2 large cucumbers, unpeeled and thinly sliced
1/3 cup thinly sliced onion (red onion is nice)
1 Tablespoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/8 teaspoon sugar
3/4 cup sour cream (I used light)

1.  Pat cucumber slices between paper towels.  Combine cucumber, onion, and next 5 ingredients in a bowl; toss gently.  Fold in sour cream; cover and chill up to 3 hours.  Serve on lettuce leaves, if desired. 

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: