3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, stir together the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, flour and salt until well blended. In a stand mixer, cream the butter. Add eggs and vanilla, and mix in the dry ingredients until a stiff dough forms. It may take a minute to come together.
3. On a lightly floured surface (I roll between sheets of wax paper, using flour if needed), roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters. If the dough is too sticky, chill for a little bit. Place cookies onto an ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake for 7 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the surface appears dry. Allow cookies to cool for a couple minutes on the baking sheet before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
5. Frost, if desired, or make into sandwich cookies with your choice of frosting.
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **