Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Skillet Lasagna

skillet1W
This was a super simple meal I made a few weeks ago, on one of the last Sundays in our house, to use up ingredients I had in the house.  I got it from the back of the (half-empty) box of lasagna noodles in the pantry. I used the first of the box to make this Lasagna Soup.  I wasn't expecting this to be that good, but I really did like it!!  The kids just thought it was ok, but at least the adults were appreciative.  This is so easy, you can make it in a kitchenette, if you have the right skillet!  (I used my cast-iron 12 inch; it's packed now.)
skillet6W
Skillet Lasagna
adapted from Mueller's Pasta

10 dry lasagna noodles, broken into 1-inch pieces (1/2 box)
1 lb lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 cup water
1 jar (24 oz) pasta sauce
1 cup ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese or mozzarella

1.  Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until meat is cooked and no longer pink.  Drain, if needed.  

2.  Add water, pasta sauce and uncooked lasagna pieces. Cover and bring to a simmer. Maintain a simmer over medium-low heat for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.

3.  Dollop ricotta or cottage cheese by spoonfuls over pasta mixture. Sprinkle shredded cheese over all. Remove from heat; cover and allow to stand 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
skillet4W
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: