Friday, June 24, 2016

Mulberry, Raspberry & Blueberry Freezer Jam


In a grocery store parking lot around here, there are a few big mulberry trees.  They have sweet fruit; there are a lot of mulberry trees around here where the fruit is more sour/tasteless.  My neighbor said the sour ones are called "white mulberries".  But I forgot what the "sweet" ones are called.  Anyway, the sweet ones are more rare here.  There's wild white trees up around where I live, but I went to the grocery store parking lot recently and harvested some there.  I wanted to make jam.  I knew I didn't get enough to make a batch, so I bought some fresh raspberries to use as well.  It turns out I didn't have enough of those, either, so I threw in a few blueberries.  Hence, mulberry, raspberry and blueberry jam was born.  :)


Mulberry, Raspberry & Blueberry Freezer Jam
adapted from Ball

mulberries, raspberries and blueberries- enough to equal 1 2/3 cups crushed fruit
2/3 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons Ball RealFruit Instant Pectin (pic below)

1.  Crush fruit.  Crush one layer at a time using a potato masher.  A large dinner plate works well to set it on as you're crushing.  Measure out exactly 1 2/3 cups of crushed fruit.

2.  Stir sugar and pectin together in a large bowl. Add crushed fruit; stir three minutes.  Ladle into clean freezer containers and let stand 30 minutes.  Store in the fridge.  If storing longer than 2 weeks, store in the freezer.  Enjoy.

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: