Friday, December 23, 2016

Slow Cooker Candy Cane White Hot Chocolate

This was fun and easy to make, and it was very tasty.  With crushed candy canes and white chocolate, it's pretty sweet, but it's ok. The kids LOVED this and want me to make it again soon.  I was actually going to make it again to get better pics (it was getting dark, and my whipped cream was going flat), but I didn't have time, and it's getting really close to Christmas.  So I'm just posting this now.  :)

Slow Cooker Candy Cane White Hot Chocolate
adapted from Real Housemoms

1/2 gallon whole (or 2% or 1%) milk (8 cups)
8 oz chopped white chocolate or real white chocolate chips (contain cocoa butter)
1/2 cup crushed candy canes or starlight candies
1/2 tsp. vanilla
pinch of salt
whipped cream for serving
more crushed candy canes for garnish

1.  Add the milk, broken up white chocolate or white chocolate chips, crushed candy canes, vanilla and pinch of salt to a 5-quart or larger slow cooker. (I actually used my smaller slow cooker and it was fine- just almost full.)

2.  Cover, and cook on HIGH for 1.5 hours (stirring every 15 minutes).  Serve topped with whipped cream and topped with crushed candy canes for garnish.

**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: