Monday, August 29, 2022

Peanut Butter Bars


I already have a few similar recipes on here, but there's always room for more. I discovered Preppy Kitchen vids on YouTube, and I love watching his calming cooking videos. This is the first one I saw. It was a Sunday afternoon and I got up and made these right away after watching the vid. He mentions in the vid that he likes leaving some bigger chunks of graham crackers for a different texture- I did the same, mostly because I was too lazy to crush them up any more, and I loved the result. 
Peanut Butter Bars
adapted from Preppy Kitchen

For the Base:
1 cup butter melted and slightly cooled (210g)
1 cup creamy peanut butter (300g)
1 ¾ cups powdered sugar (210g)
2 cups graham cracker crumbs (240g)

For the chocolate topping:
1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips (280g)
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter (65g)

1. Line a 8x8 or 9x9 dish with parchment paper or foil.

2. Crush graham crackers in a ziploc bag using a rolling pin or blitz using a food processor. Melt butter in a large bowl add peanut butter and mix until smooth. Beat in powdered sugar then fold in the crumbs. Transfer to lined dish and smooth.

3. Melt chocolate and peanut butter, pour over the peanut butter base, smooth then chill for at least 90 minutes. Cut into bars and enjoy.


**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/ **

No comments: