Saturday, January 19, 2013

Buttermilk Banana Pancakes


panW
I'm always looking for new buttermilk pancake recipes, and here is a flavor I had never made before: banana!  This recipe was perfect at the time I made it; I had just enough very ripe bananas that needed using, and I had 2 cups of buttermilk on hand.  My son ate his with homemade strawberry jam and peanut butter and that was a delicious combo (I stole a bite). 
 
PS:  This is my 800th post!!  Whoo-hoo!!!  To celebrate, I think I'll go to bed at 9:30 tonight.....

pan1W
 
Buttermilk Banana Pancakes
 
2 cups all-purpose flour (I used half whole wheat pastry)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 eggs
2 Tablespoons melted butter or canola oil (try coconut oil!)
2 cups buttermilk
2 over-ripe bananas, mashed
 
1.  Heat a large skillet over medium heat.  In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and sugar. 
 
2.  In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, butter or oil, and buttermilk.  Pour wet into dry ingredients and mix until moistened.  Do not overmix.  Fold in mashed bananas. 
 
3.  Oil the hot skillet, and drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto hot skillet.  Cook until edges are dry and bubbles appear.  Flip and cook until golden brown.  Repeat with each pancake. 
 


**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/**/

2 comments:

LadyJayPee said...

LOL! I love your celebration method. ☺ Congrats on the 800th!

What a Dish! said...

Thanks! I really enjoyed the celebration, too.