Monday, May 7, 2012

Roasted Garlic-Parmesan Cauliflower

This was absolutely delicious.  Delicious, easy, and healthy- what more could you want?  ;)  We had this before our Germany trip with a salad.... and I forgot what else; it's been too long!  This wasn't my boys' favorite, but what can you do- they are both kind of picky off and on.  My daughter ate some and liked it, I think, but my husband I and ate the rest.  It was so good!  And I don't even really like cauliflower other times I've had it.  Except for this soup- actually, I made both recipes with the same head of cauliflower, since it was such a ginormous head.  Over four pounds, I believe.

Roasted Garlic-Parmesan Cauliflower
adapted from Our Best Bites

3-4 Tbs olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
1 smallish head cauliflower
kosher salt and fresh pepper
2-3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

1.  Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place olive oil and garlic in a small glass or ceramic bowl. Heat in microwave for about 20 seconds and set aside.

2.  Remove stem and leaves from cauliflower head and trim into large florets. Slice each floret into 1/4 inch slices and place on a foil-lined baking sheet (or just a well-greased glass 9x13, like me). Drizzle with oil and garlic mixture and sprinkle with kosher salt and black pepper. Use a spatula to toss to coat. Add more olive oil if needed. Bake for 15 minutes and then toss with spatula. Bake 10 more and then toss with Parmesan cheese. Continue baking for 5-10 minutes until golden brown on edges.  (Pierce one with a fork to make sure it is tender enough).
**This post and photos are property of http://dishingwithdish.blogspot.com/**/

No comments: